Trotters wanted to update the look and feel of their site and present their beautiful products in a more inspirational manner by improving the navigation and user experience.
Key to the success of the project was seamless integration with their current order management system, Prima. The key Trotters requirements were:
• Integration of web platform and order management system
• Advanced options for Product display including swatches, quick view and image overlays
• Integration with the Verifone payment Gateway
• Best practice mobile facilities
The platform had to deliver high conversion rates, be robust and reliable and offer the flexibility to quickly scale in line with the company growth plan.
Services: Magento and Prima Integration, Verifone Integration
What we did
Trotters chose Williams Commerce, a Magento Enterprise Partner, for their technical experience with Magento integrations and particularly with Prima – Williams Commerce had already developed the extension to integrate Magento with Prima seamlessly. The site was built on Magento Community Edition, Williams Commerce built all elements of Trotters retail infrastructure including:
• Full custom design for the website with fully responsive mobile theme
• Integration between Magento and Prima order management system
• Set up and integration of Mailchimp email provider
• A fully responsive layout, to ensure best practice usability across the maximum number of access devices
• A ‘Stock Aware’ product filtering system, to allow customers to be able to filter out products that are out of stock in their size
• Integration with Verifone utilising Williams Commerce’s well established integration extension, in use by Kurt Geiger and Watches of Switzerland.
The site was launched in July 2015 and has produced an immediate increase in visits, conversion rate and average order value and the new site is trading at over double the previous year’s turnover.