We just love the new site that Trotters Childrenswear have recently lauched – and we should as we build it!
Trotters have just celebrated 25 years since their foundation with a huge party in Duke of York’s Square in Chelsea, London which was, by all accounts, one of the family events of the season!
Trotters Childrenswear is a family owned business which prides itself on offering only products of the highest quality and value, and the highest levels of customer service, for both Parents and Children. They have stores in six locations in London and Surrey, including Westfield, Knightsbridge and Kings Road.
Trotters wanted to update the look and feel of their site and present their beautiful products in a more inspirational manner by improving the navigation and user experience. Key to the success of the project was seamless integration with their current order management system, Prima. The key Trotters requirements were:
• Integration of web platform and order management system.
• Advanced options for Product display including swatches, quick view and image overlays.
• Integration with the Verifone payment Gateway.
• Best practice mobile facilities.
The platform had to deliver high conversion rates, be robust and reliable and offer the flexibility to quickly scale in line with the company growth plan.
Trotters chose Williams Commerce, a Magento Enterprise Partner, for their technical experience with Magento integrations and particularly with Prima – Williams Commerce had already developed the extension to integrate Magento with Prima seamlessly. The site was built on Magento Community Edition, Williams Commerce built all elements of Trotters retail infrastructure including:
• Full custom design for the website with fully responsive mobile theme.
• Integration between Magento and Prima order management system.
• Set up and integration of Mailchimp email provider.
• A fully responsive layout, to ensure best practice usability across the maximum number of access devices.
• A ‘Stock Aware’ product filtering system, to allow customers to be able to filter out products that are out of stock in their size.
• Integration with Verifone utilising Flint’s well established integration extension, in use by Kurt Geiger and Watches of Switzerland.
The site was launched in July 2015 and has produced an immediate increase in visits, conversion rate and average order value and the new site is trading at over double the previous year’s turnover.