Un.Titled | Junior Digital Designer
Are you a smart, well-organised and digitally-savvy designer, who loves to get things done? Do you have a passion for the transformative power of digital? Do you like creative and technical challenges?
If so then read on, we may just have the perfect opportunity for you.
This is your dream job if you’re passionate about tackling digital challenges through high quality creative design and you want to build on a proven track record of success and over-delivery. It will be fast, intense, challenging and involved. Together we'll also make it fun and dynamic.
- Ideally you will have a design qualification or similar, with a strong understanding of the design basics: how typography, colour, layout, hierarchy, alignment and grids work together in harmony to create a holistic design
- You will be familiar with working with brands and brand guidelines
- You will be familiar with up to date design trends and know what ‘good’ likes like
- You will have completed a number of design commissions (e.g. designing a new company logo, website or the design of digital marketing campaigns)
- You will be aware or have an appreciation of how other aspects of the business interweave into design - e.g. SEO, Data & Insight, Accessibility and how these get handed over into software development lifecycle
- You will be familiar with the tools of the trade (e.g. Adobe PhotoShop, Sketch, Invision, Prototyping etc)
- Ability to work well within a team yet manage your own time and workloads to meet deadlines
- You will have a willingness to learn, taking feedback from team members and clients, with the initiative to work, contribute and evolve processes as well as designs over time
- You will have a proactive attitude, bringing passion and enthusiasm to the team
We are looking for someone who is both creatively and technically minded, a self-starter and able to keep on top of a variety of tasks, who can move smoothly between projects and challenges.
- Support and collaborate with the Williams Commerce/ Un.titled teams to explore, define and deliver quality and effective design solutions to meet project objectives
- Support internal and external clients with design, fielding out requirements where needed
- Contribute to marketing tasks / campaigns, sales proposals and pitches, providing design insights and deliverables
- Implement best practices for design wherever possible; with a focus on quality, branding, accessibility, and performance
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Organised and structured approach to work. Consistently following our working methods for client management, UX design, development, and supporting your colleagues do the same.
- Seeking out internal feedback wherever possible for areas of improvement with a keen eye of for spotting opportunities to improve how the team work, the services we provide and the design outputs as a collective
- Strong communicator
- Timely turn-around on communicating with internal and external stakeholders, confidence to present and explain (sometimes defend) ideas to clients and colleagues, with solid rationales based on creative design principles, user research and product knowledge
- Open to collaboration, with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships
Salary & Package...
In return for being the right candidate, we'll offer:
- Salary, annual leave and kit: a salary between £20k and £30k (dependent on experience), 25+ days annual leave (plus the 8 statutory days) and necessary kit (laptop, mobile etc).
- Professional development: conferences, workshops, seminars, courses and webinars are all there for the taking
- Healthcare (after 1 year of service) and pension plans
- Flexibility: we work both remotely and in the office - with a minimum of one visit to the newly refurbished Leicester office per week to collaborate with team members in person. Where applicable client travel in the UK may be necessary (Covid allowing)
- Cycle to work and technology schemes
- Enhanced sick pay and family friendly policies
No agencies, thank you.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00-£30,000.00 per year