Business Development Manager (BDM)
This is an opportunity for an experienced Sales Development Manager to join a High Growth digital agency based in Leicester. With a platform agnostic approach, the agency uses a range of content and e-commerce platforms to help clients, across multiple sectors, grow their online businesses, around the globe. In this role you would join the dedicated in-house Sales Team, dedicated Digital Marketing Team and wider team of over 110 people in total.
We are looking for a consultative, highly motivated, and tenacious Business Development Manager (BDM) to join our growing sales team. In this BDM role you will get the opportunity to build a diverse portfolio of clients and be accountable for your part of the business revenue.
Not one day will be the same. You could be doing calls with clients across the globe but primarily in the UK. You carry out cold prospecting utilising any channel you see fit (key to qualify in time), follow up warm leads generated by marketing or received from a partner. You will attend industry and partner events to network, build new relationships or strengthen existing connections.
Qualifying and interpreting the clients’ challenges and requirements is key. You will need a logical and strategic mindset. In the detail you will be support by a pre-sales solution specialist to filter out any risk and assumptions.
The current sales team is looking forward for you to strengthen the team. The team is very experienced both in ecommerce/digital sales, account management and has a conversion rate which is double of the market average.
You would be tasked with identifying and generating sales opportunities, through both inbound and outbound activities. We are looking for someone who works well under pressure, is a natural in having conversations with prospects and need to be a self-motivated and a self-starter.
The right candidate will work with the Commerce sales Director and the sales team to assess a company’s needs and cater the outreach to each prospect specifically.
The work location will be a combination of home and the Leicester office 40/60.
• Trusted to handle the full sales cycle from point of interest through to close
• Work with the wider team to challenge and optimise the sales framework and procedures.
• Understand and accurately estimate a project based on technical requirements, with support from solution specialists.
• Responsible for preparing pitches and presentations, make these pitches with were required leveraging the strong resource
• Work towards a quarterly revenue target, with the ability to earn excellent commission
• The ability to report and forecast on personal pipeline to senior management effectively and accurately
• Ensuring Sales tools are accurate and up to date at all times
• Feedback relevant industry knowledge and intelligence to the wider team
• Develop and continue to improve on a sound knowledge of the capabilities of Adobe Commerce, Magento Open Source, BigCommerce & Shopify (Plus)
• Whilst this position is partially remote, we do encourage client visits, so expect some travel.
• 5+ years sales experience, within an ecommerce agency - either design & development or digital marketing focused
• Excellent understanding and experience with the sales process, lead/demand generation, partner network, websites, business, P&L, and sales Strategies.
• Must be self-starting, independent and driven to close deals.
• Experience of Big Commerce & Shopify/Shopify Plus is preferable, Magento, Adobe or alternative ecommerce platforms are good too
• An understanding of the common pain points faced by ecommerce businesses
• Good ecommerce industry knowledge
• The ability to handle sales cycles short to long, at a demanding pace and quantity of opportunities at one time
• Demonstrable solutions sales experience, ideally with a reference
• Working knowledge or an interest in a formal sales methodology - i.e., BANT, SPIN, Mind Selling, Challenger Sales
• The ability to demonstrate a successful sales process and results at interview stage
• Contributes fully to the team effort and plays an integral part in the smooth running of teams without necessarily taking the lead
• Positive can-do attitude
• The ability to use your own initiative and think outside the box
• To be happy working flexible hours and travel to meet clients at their premises across Europe
• To be comfortable preparing and delivering engaging presentations in face-to-face meetings and via video consultations
• To demonstrate experience using sales management tools or CRM packages
• To be highly organised in documenting all communications and prioritising follow up activities and key administration tasks
• Drive, Grit, Team Oriented
In return, we offer the following...
• Fantastic induction and training into a busy agency environment at newly renovated and energetic offices in the heart of Leicester city centre
• 25+ days annual holiday plus bank holidays
• Private health care and pension
• Flexible working opportunities
• Cycle to work and technology schemes
• Enhanced sick pay and family friendly policies
• Pay: competitive salary based on experience and uncapped OTE
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £40,000.00-£60,000.00 per year