Sales Ledger and Credit Controller
Williams Commerce is a digital commerce agency and Magento Enterprise Partner and ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 registered.
We are a specialist eCommerce website developer and system integrator providing eCommerce, marketing and technology services. Delivering specialist solutions since 2009, we are one of the fastest growing digital and ecommerce specialists in the UK and have key partnerships with Magento, Shopify, Sitecore, Sage, SAP, Google and Amazon.
We work with a wide range of UK and International clients in both B2C and B2B, including regional and global leaders, such as Clarks shoes, Pizza Express, Just Hype, John Smedley, Start-rite, Valentina, MacFarlane.
Reporting into the Finance Manager, this is a varied role that requires a working knowledge of both Sales Ledger and Credit Control Procedures. You will be responsible for the maintenance of the sales ledger from the initial invoicing to the collection of the debt. Working within a small team you will also be expected to carry out tasks relating to other functions within the department so, as to ensure continuity of service.
- To raise invoices in an accurate and timely manner
- Allocating bank transactions to Customer and Vendor ledger entries
- Maintain Sales ledger records
- Monitoring debtor balances to ensure a reduction in Aged Debtor balances
- Progress the collection of debt in accordance with set processes and service level agreements
- Ensuring credit and collection policies and procedures are followed to ensure timely payments whilst maintaining a high level of Customer retention
- Checking customer's credit ratings with CreditSafe
- Ensuring customer payments are received within agreed credit terms
- Contact clients for payment using the most effective and efficient methods (telephone, email, letter)
- Identify payment obstacles promptly and notify relevant internal stakeholders, in line with the set processes
- Taking ownership of queries raised and liaise with other departments to resolve
- Liaising with customers, as well as internal team to alleviate payment blockers
- Reconciling Key Accounts to resolve any queries, some of which might be complex
- Negotiating repayment plans, where appropriate
- Weekly account reconciliations to minimise unallocated cash
- Proficient in running reports and manipulating / analysing data
- Accurately record every action taken on each Account (including all queries and disputed invoices) on Sage, in a clear and informative manner
- Monthly reviewing of Customer credit limits and credit terms
- Complete all necessary risk and compliance training and ensure strict adherence to the firm’s risk and quality standards with knowledge of Data Protection (GDPR) and Anti Money Laundering regulations
- Achieving direct debit and cash collection targets and KPI’s on a monthly basis in line with Cashflow forecast
- Preparation of weekly reports to Finance Manager – Credit Control reports, bad debt provisioning, query analysis reports
- Working collaboratively across Receivables to maximise efficiency and develop preventative strategies to help remove payment obstacles
- Flagging Accounts that need to go on ‘ON STOP’ and communicating that to the internal team so appropriate action is taken
- Identifying where Accounts need to move into Debt Recovery
- Preparing accounts for Legal Action
- Undertaking any other duties which may be requested by the Finance Manager, for which training and/or an explanation has been provided and understood.
Previous Credit Control experience of at least 2 years is essential. You will have experience of working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment and be comfortable working on your own initiative to ensure tasks are completed correctly and on time.
- Minimum 2 years of experiences in Sales Ledger, Credit Control, and or Debt Recovery
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Dedicated and self-motivated
- Ability to multi-task and work to deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Good business acumen for problem solving
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Confidence to deal with a range of stakeholders
- Assertive communication skills with the ability to confront and overcome any Client payment evasion tactics
- Excellent IT skills including Excel / Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central would be advantageous
- Team player
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £21,000.00-£24,000.00 per year
How to apply
To apply for this position, please apply via Indeed.com.