It’s been a huge year so far for Magento. Magento 2 continues to hit its stride, and there’s been a plethora of regular news during the year from the world’s leading commerce solution. We’ve seen exciting updates to enhance Magento 2, Progressive web apps, Magento Social , Business Intelligence and the most recent and exciting news, on 31st August 2017, Magento was named a leader among B2B Commerce suites by independent research firm, Forrester.
Hot off the back of this news, is the recent announcement, that has us and many customers excited is the launch of a brand new option for Magento’s cloud hosting suite; Magento Commerce Starter Edition.
This exciting new product is aimed at smaller sized retail businesses looking to get started out on their journey, giving them the option to take advantage of Magento’s core Enterprise ecommerce features within Magento Cloud.
With a 30-day free trial available, the Cloud based option offers a full suite of Magento core ecommerce features starting from a cost of $1,999 per month, with the Magento Cloud Professional Edition coming in at $3,399 per month.
The advantages for many businesses, is the cloud based hosting and deployment, which will provide access to;
- Platform-as-a-service (PaaS) based production, staging and development environments optimised for Magento.
- Continuous cloud integration tools with unlimited users
- CDN (Fastly Content Delivery Network) and DDoS protection with generous bandwidth allowances.
- Unrestricted version or New Relic APM Pro (performance Monitoring and Blackfire.io Enterprise (Performance testing)
- 24 x7 email support and monitoring for the core application and cloud infrastructure.
The criteria for retailers considering the Cloud Commerce Starter Edition;
- Must already be on Magento Enterprise
- It’s available for retailers generating less than $10million in revenue annually
- Retailers must have less than 50,000 product SKUs
- It is limited to 5 store-fronts/domains.
- Add ons like Business Intelligence and Magento B2B functionality are available at additional cost.
- The Service Level Agreement (SLA) has slower response times versus the Professional Edition.
- It runs on a shared infrastructure unlike the pro edition which has dedicated hardware set-up.
The addition of this option is great news for retailers, who are now able to combine their Magento Enterprise license with all the benefits of the Cloud Commerce Starter Edition at an affordable monthly price.
“We’re delighted by this move by Magento, it opens up a new market of aspiring retailers to grow faster online with the robust scale ability of Magento Commerce.“ Comments Robert Williams, CEO of Williams Commerce, a Magento Enterprise Partner.
We have highly experienced Magento ecommerce consultants on hand to discuss with you the various options now available with Magento. We will work with you to understand the business needs of your online venture now and for the future to layout out a strong foundation on Magento to enable the future success and growth of your business.
Give us a call on 0116 326 1116 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.